[Users] I can't find an override for a double dash

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Fri Mar 30 16:01:39 CEST 2012

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 14:56:29 +0200
Holger Berndt articulated:

> On Do, 29.03.2012 18:23, Jerry wrote:
>
> >> At work, I've given up that fight long ago : grew tired of confused
> >> "your reply seems empty ?" replies ! :)
> >
> >In one respect, I absolutely agree. "You can't fix stupid" as the
> >saying goes.
>
> Personally, I find the self-appointed email police far more annoying
> than top-posters. Especially in business branches where top-posting is
> actually the established way to do things.

That sort if thinking reminds me of the Union Army (1860-65) and the
established medical practices of the time. The standard treatment for
an STD was to administer mercury. It had a two-fold effect. The
patients administered the mercury rarely died of the STD; however, a
very large percentage did die from the supposed cure (mercury).
Eventually someone discovered that the cure was worse than the disease.
Hence, better treatments were introduced.

The same concept can be applied to "Top Posters". Just because a
segment of the population is doing something does not make it right.
Personally, when replying to a "Top Posted" reply, I either correct the
reply and continue on or I delete the entire nonsense entirely and
simply post my reply. Either works for me and I could give a rat's ass
if the "Top Poster" gets pissed off.

Then again, that is just me.

--
Jerry ♔