[Users] I can't find an override for a double dash

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu Mar 29 20:58:27 CEST 2012

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 11:20:48 +0100
Brad Rogers <brad at fineby.me.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 11:04:49 +0200
> Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> wrote:
>
> Hello Ricardo,
>
> > On %d
> > %f wrote:
> >
> > %Q
> >
> >   (No surprise, I guess)
>
> The problem is that, with that template, the sig is *always* quoted.
> Personally, I don't wish to do that.
>
> On occasion, I /might/ wish to be able to selectively quote across the
> sig separator.  Currently, %q (as opposed to %Q) in the template won't
> allow that.

Hi Brad,

What I do is just delete selectively as needed. For instance, I deleted
your sig in the context material. It took about 1/2 second to select
the text, and 1/2 second to press the delete key.

There's no legitimate automatic way to do it, because with different
emails you want to delete different stuff. This becomes especially
thorny with top-posters.

SteveT