[Users] configuring IMAP for dovecot server

Renato rennabh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 00:36:17 CEST 2012

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 23:32:10 +0200
Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 23:04:25 +0200
> Renato <rennabh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > * LIST (\HasChildren) "." "INBOX"
> > ? OK List completed.
> >
> That means dovecot is working and that you are able to login. The
> reason why you don't see anything in Claws is that the INBOX is empty,
> eg. contains no folders or mails. A maildir folder needs to be
> constructed after a very specific rule set which is normally done the
> first time you login. See the following utility for solving your
> problem: maildirmake.dovecot (maildirmake.dovecot - creates maildirs
> and maildir subfolders)

You pointed me in the right direction! I unchecked the option "Show
subscribed folders only" from the Recieving tab in the account
settings, and now it's correctly downloading the mail. I didn't do any
modifications to the dovecot configuration. So for now, I'm set. Thank
you very much Michael,

best wishes,
renato