[Users] Color for unread messages?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Mar 27 06:43:00 CEST 2012

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 16:28:02 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 16:23:16 -0400
> Little Girl <littlergirl at gmail.com> dijo:
>
> >Hey there,
> >
> >John Jason Jordan wrote:
> >
> >> Claws Mail 3.8.0 on Fedora 16, x86_64, Xfce desktop.
> >>
> >> I found how to set unread messages in the Inbox to bold, but can't
> >> find any place to make them appear in a different color. Did I fail
> >> to find the setting, or is it not possible?
> >
> > 1) Left-click the Configuration menu.
> > 2) Choose Pre-processing... by left-clicking it.
> > 3) Type Unread messages into the Name box.
> > 4) Left-click the Define... button to the right of the Condition
> > box. 5) Left-click the Match criteria selector.
> > 6) Choose Flags by left-clicking it.
> > 7) The Flag selectors should automatically say that Unread is set.
> > If they don't, left-click them to choose those values. 8)
> > Left-click the Add button. 9) Left-click the OK button.
> >10) Left-click the Define... button to the right of the Action box.
> >11) Left-click the Action selector (it should say Move by default).
> >12) Choose Color label by left-clicking it.
> >13) Left-click the Color selector (it should say None by default).
> >14) Choose one of the colors by left-clicking it.
> >15) Left-click the Add button.
> >16) Left-click the OK button.
> >17) Use the Up button if you want to move the rule up above another
> >rule. 18) Click the OK button.
> >
> >Enjoy your colorful unread messages! (:
>
> Great!
>
> Except for one small problem: After reading a message it stays
> colored. :(

I had that same problem. Plus I put a different color for "New" and
that never showed up. Even when I deleted these, the color remained.

> I suppose I can go back through the instructions and look for a "read"
> option and then apply black to it. I'll try that later - late for
> class at the moment.

There's no flag for "Read", and there's no color label "Black". I may
end up deleting all the config I just put in. By the way, I'm using
Claws 3.7.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04.

SteveT