[Users] Color for unread messages?

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Tue Mar 27 01:52:10 CEST 2012

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 16:28:02 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 16:23:16 -0400
> Little Girl <littlergirl at gmail.com> dijo:
>
> >Hey there,
> >
> >John Jason Jordan wrote:
> >
> >> Claws Mail 3.8.0 on Fedora 16, x86_64, Xfce desktop.
> >>
> >> I found how to set unread messages in the Inbox to bold, but can't
> >> find any place to make them appear in a different color. Did I fail
> >> to find the setting, or is it not possible?
> >
> > 1) Left-click the Configuration menu.
> > 2) Choose Pre-processing... by left-clicking it.
> > 3) Type Unread messages into the Name box.
> > 4) Left-click the Define... button to the right of the Condition box.
> > 5) Left-click the Match criteria selector.
> > 6) Choose Flags by left-clicking it.
> > 7) The Flag selectors should automatically say that Unread is set. If
> > they don't, left-click them to choose those values. 8) Left-click the
> > Add button. 9) Left-click the OK button.
> >10) Left-click the Define... button to the right of the Action box.
> >11) Left-click the Action selector (it should say Move by default).
> >12) Choose Color label by left-clicking it.
> >13) Left-click the Color selector (it should say None by default).
> >14) Choose one of the colors by left-clicking it.
> >15) Left-click the Add button.
> >16) Left-click the OK button.
> >17) Use the Up button if you want to move the rule up above another
> >rule. 18) Click the OK button.
> >
> >Enjoy your colorful unread messages! (:
>
> Great!
>
> Except for one small problem: After reading a message it stays
> colored. :(

Use a post processing rule
Instead of:
7) The Flag selectors should automatically say that Unread is set.
use
7) Set the Flag selectors to say that Unread is not-set.
Instead of:
14) Choose one of the colors by left-clicking it.
use
14) Choose none for the color.

Then every time you leave a folder every message mark read will be
colored black.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen