[Users] Opening link in Firefox

Kevin Nathan knathan at project54.com
Wed Mar 21 21:35:56 CET 2012

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 07:11:26 -0400
Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:

>>Tried:
>>
>>/home/pfortin/Downloads/firefox/firefox -new-window '%s'
>>
>>?
>
>Works like a champ.  Actually, I'm going to leave it like that because
>it avoids switching to my browser desktop.  And now that firefox
>supports dragging tabs between windows, I can do that for the odd time
>I might want to keep a CM-opened tab around for a longer period.

My setting in External Programs is:

   firefox -remote 'openURL(%s,new-window)'

and has been that way for some time, now. I use this because I like it
to open a new window. So I tried changing the new-window to new-tab and
minimizing my FF windows (I use WindowManager on openSUSE 11.4) and
clicking on a link in Claws then opened the page in a tab of one of the
minimized windows and raised that window, as well.

--
Kevin Nathan (Arizona, USA)
http://www.project54.com

Open standards. Open source. Open minds.
The command line is the front line.
Linux 2.6.37.6-0.11-desktop
 13:26pm  up 35 days 22:45,  14 users,  load average: 0.18, 0.37, 0.31