[Users] New mail notification issues

Andreas Fink finkandreas at web.de
Sat Mar 17 10:35:53 CET 2012

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 11:29:46 +0200
Kertesz Laszlo <laszlo.kertesz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use claws mail 3.8.0 on Debian. I have 2 imap accounts configured,
> one gmail and one from another server and some rss feeds. Now my issue
> is that the incoming messages in the gmail account are not marked as new
> unread (blue) instead they are bold black - still unread but not "new".
>
> As a result i dont get notifications about them when they arrive, only
> the tray icon shows unread mail (the "message" graphc is horizontal).
>
> The other account and the rss feeds works just fine, i get notify-send
> messages when new messages arrive, they are blue bold (new unread) and
> the message graphic in the tray icon is at 45 degrees.
> I dont have any folder exclusions regarding notifications in the
> settings. Both the "execute command on receive" (i set a notify-send
> command here) and the notification plugin behave the same.
>
> I have some filters set up on the gmail server, do they affect the
> status of the received messages? Other mail clients have no such issues.

Hi,

this is a problem with GMail, because Google decided, that there are no new messages in
the world. There are only unread messages.
I for once had a simple plugin, which marked unread messages arriving for the first time
as new messages, but it did not work very well, and I discarded the idea again. I think
claws-mail should not fix it, it should be done in a plugin, but so far there is no such
plugin out there...

Cheers
Andreas