[Users] Two instances of Claws Mail?

Abhay S. Kushwaha kushwaha at netsolutionsindia.com
Wed Mar 14 06:03:17 CET 2012

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 20:46:53 -0700, John wrote:

> 1) I have the university account (still in Google webmail) set to
> check for mail every ten minutes. I have my other accounts (in
> Claws Mail) set to check for mail only manually. It appears that
> the option for this in Claws Mail is a global option; that is, I
> cannot set one account to check every ten minutes and the others on
> a different schedule or manually. Or is there such an option? If
> so, where is it?

There's no way to set different email checking time for different
accounts. However, what you can do is set one account to check
automatically and the other one not to. Then, go to Message ->
Receive -> (Second Account Name) to manually retrieve mails whenever
you want to download mails off of that account.

> when I delete the mail in Claws Mail I need
> Claws Mail to then go out and delete that mail from the university
> server.

That's an IMAP feature. Not possible for POP without massive
client-side kung-fu. I'm glad the developers of CM don't want to
"solve" solved problems and haven't added this "feature".

My suggestion: You should access your university account through an
IMAP account set up on Claws. It will do everything you want it to
(separate folder structure, keep mails on server, not check
needlessly, delete when needed, etc.)