[Users] Two instances of Claws Mail?

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Tue Mar 13 12:13:46 CET 2012

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 00:14:28 -0700 John Jason Jordan wrote:

>What might make sense is to have two different Claws Mail programs,

I've been doing that for years.  You can run as many instances as you
want. Just open up multiple tabs on konsole, or whatever you use and login
to different userids for each one -- no messing around with alternate
configs, etc.

When installing a new version of CM, rename the old one to indicate its
version (ie, claws-mail.3.8.0cvs26) and you can run old and new CM
versions simultaneously (diff userids of course) for debugging,
comparison, etc.

Years ago, when sharing a computer with my ex, I would fire up a 2nd
Xsession so that she could have her own environment -- switch with
Ctl+Alt+F{7.8}   ({8,9} more recently)

You could even do it with Windows if it's setup for multiple users and
you Switch User...

HTH
Pierre