[Users] Disable message subject hover "popups"?

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Mon Mar 12 14:28:56 CET 2012

On Fri, 9 Mar 2012 14:39:41 -0500
Little Girl <littlergirl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> Christian Hesse wrote:
> > Little Girl wrote:
>
> > > If you open the Configuration menu, choose Preferences... and then
> > > choose Summaries, you can remove the check in the box next to Show
> > > tooltips (near the bottom of the page) and that should take care
> > > of it. (:
>
> > Ah, that's great. Did not like the behavior either.
>
> Whoever said you can't hit two birds with one stone must have been
> wrong. (:
>
> > But now that we have this thread... I remember a mail client
> > (possibly kmail?) That could display tooltips that perfectly
> > covered the original text. Is something like that possible for CM?
> > (I attached a mockup to show what I am talking about.)
>
> I'm not sure. I would think something like that would be controlled
> with CSS, but I don't see any CSS files inside of Claws. It might be
> a GTK setting.

Tooltips have nothing to do with CSS, which is a web
design method. Tooltips were available with Delphi in the MSWin 3 era.
At that time CSS had not yet been created. CSS is a kind of macro
facility that ideally allows one to establish a set of parameters
for a web page entity once and use them multiple times.

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers: