[Users] Disable message subject hover "popups"?

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Fri Mar 9 10:33:48 CET 2012

Little Girl <littlergirl at gmail.com> on Thu, 8 Mar 2012 21:20:58 -0500:
> Hey there,
>
> Michael Shell wrote:
>
> > Sorry is this is something obvious that I just overlooked, but is
> > there a way (under Claws 3.8.0) to disable the (to me, annoying)
> > popup redundant info that appears when the cursor hovers over the
> > message subject, from, date, size, etc.?
>
> If you open the Configuration menu, choose Preferences... and then
> choose Summaries, you can remove the check in the box next to Show
> tooltips (near the bottom of the page) and that should take care of
> it. (:

Ah, that's great. Did not like the behavior either.

But now that we have this thread... I remember a mail client (possibly
kmail?) That could display tooltips that perfectly covered the original text.
Is something like that possible for CM?
(I attached a mockup to show what I am talking about.)
--
Best regards,
Chris