[Users] Migrating emails and emails folders from "Mozilla Thunderbird" to "Claws Mail"

Holger Berndt berndth at gmx.de
Fri Jun 29 19:46:33 CEST 2012

On Fr, 29.06.2012 09:38, Renaud (Ron) Olgiati wrote:

>> It's not that the import implementation works badly, or that the export
>> implementation is limited. An mbox file is just a sequence of messages.
>> You can think of it as a single folder.
>>
>> Mbox is not a container format that can contain arbitrarily nested
>> folder/subfolder structures.
>
>With due respect, Your Worship

That kind of silliness is uncalled for, and I doubt it'll get you far.

>I have in KMail mbox folders that hold both mails and sub-folders

While that's possible (since mbox is so badly specified that every
implementation tends to use its own flavour), I doubt it.

Maybe you're mixing it up with some mbox-based storage system (like
Mozilla's sbd folders). Or maybe you're right, and KMail has a funky
way of doing things - but it'd need an example to convince me.

Holger