[Users] [Bulk] Re: Migrating emails and emails folders from "Mozilla Thunderbird" to "Claws Mail"

Nicolas Iselin nicolas.claws at iselin.ch
Fri Jun 29 19:32:26 CEST 2012

Am Fri, 29 Jun 2012 17:58:04 +0100
schrieb Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk>:

> > With due respect, Your Worship, I have in KMail mbox folders that
> > hold both mails and sub-folders.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Ron.
>
> Are you sure? Please create some empty folders in Kmail export them as
> an mbox and attach the mbox file to a mail to me.

I migrated from KMail to Claws a few months ago. And I can confirm
that KMail has quite an own way of doing things, especially if you were
using KMail for several years and let KMail "upgrade" your mails.

As far as I remember, Kmail can use mbox format for a certain folder but
maintains IN PARALLEL a "hidden" directory structure that allows to
nest mbox files within each others. Nasty in the filesystem, but
transparent to the end user.

It will possibly not help if Ron creates now an mbox file, it is likely
that Kmail does it different right now compared to what happened when
it created the Mbox file a few releases ago...

If anyone is interested, I can share what I did for KMail to Claws
Migration.

Nicolas