[Users] Migrating emails and emails folders from "Mozilla Thunderbird" to "Claws Mail"

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 14:54:11 CEST 2012

> Now, in "Claws Mail":
> 1) I selected "an_email_address at an_isp.ext".
> 2) I created a "a_dir_1" folder.
> 3) I chose "Import mbox file..."
>   and for the "Mbox file" parameter, I chose "D/a_dir_1" (which was
> exported previously).
>
> It ends up with an error:
> "Mbox import has failed"
>
> Can you tell me what I should do to recover my data into "Claws Mail"?
> Thank you and best regards.

I don't know but I imagine it's a non plain mbox format, though I
didn't know it existed or corrupted??

If a standard exported file works you could open them in a text editor
and compare.

and/or

If a standard single folder export works. You may be better of exporting
all mails to a single mbox. Migrating any filters you have, I believe
there is a plugin to migrate filters from thunderbird. Create folders
and run the filtering on all of them.

p.s. I recall there may even be a tool specifically to migrate almost
everything form thunderbird to claws but I forget the specifics.