[Users] Claws config needs much better documentation

Sitaram Chamarty sitaramc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 19:17:09 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 8:25 PM, Abhay S. Kushwaha
<kushwaha at netsolutionsindia.com> wrote:

>> > I always figured this was a nice feature that claws  with certain
>> > plugins enabled and even more so other clients should follow in
>> > order to allow deletion without virus execution or image handler
>> > exploitation etc..
>>
>> That would be fine if it matched with what people *expect* from
>> other email clients.  IME no other mail clients do this, so it is a
>> surprise.  And not a good surprise either.
>
> No. That's a bad premise to begin with.

Not when emails may get deleted (even if they only went into Trash).

> You're using a new application. Expect to be surprised.
>
> If Claws didn't do things differently, why would you even consider
> it? And once you know, you know, you know?

I'm glad it does a lot of things differently.  And I already said *I*
will no longer be affected by *this specific surprise*.  But that does
not alter the fact that it *is* a **bad** surprise.

Keep the *good* surprises by all means.  I'm just saying make the
good/bad surprise ratio even better.