[Users] [Bulk] Re: Claws config needs much better documentation

Sitaram Chamarty sitaramc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 02:32:56 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 12:47 AM, Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> > The default for "Open message when selected" (in Display/Summaries)
>> > is unsafe.
>> >

> I always figured this was a nice feature that claws  with certain
> plugins enabled and even more so other clients should follow in
> order to allow deletion without virus execution or image handler
> exploitation etc..
>
> A bit like download headers and delete spam with viruses before download
> when using pop3.

That would be fine if it matched with what people *expect* from other
email clients.  IME no other mail clients do this, so it is a
surprise.  And not a good surprise either.

The behaviour you spoke of should be implemented more explicitly.  For
example the checkboxes in gmail let you do just that.  In claws as is,
I'd say "hide the message view and then move to a message to have that
safety".