[Users] Claws config needs much better documentation

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sun Jul 29 20:19:48 CEST 2012

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 13:43:19 -0400
Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:

> I think Claws should have a "HOWTO" Wiki,

It does have a HOWTO wiki, which we call the FAQ.

I disabled adding new pages because it kept getting targeted by
spammers, but if you want to start a new page, (if you think one is
necessary), then just ask me to add it.

> Here's another one. Adding something to the toolbar isn't as direct
> as one might anticipate.
> When in Configuration->Preferences->Toolbars->Mainwindow, clicking
> the Add button produces the following error: "Selected Action
> already set. Please choose Another Action from list." A bizarre way
> for an add button to work. So here's the secret, using "Reply to
> List" as an example...
>
> 1) Configuration->Preferences->Toolbars->Mainwindow
> 2) Highlight a separator from the list
> 3) Click the Add button. It appears to do nothing.
> 4) Scroll to the bottom of the list, and there's now a new separator
>    item.
> 5) Highlight the new separator item.
> 6) Change the item type from separator to Internal Function
> 7) Change Event executed on click to Reply to mailing list
> 8) Click the Replace button
> 9) Click the Up button until the new toolbar item is where you want
> 10) Click the Apply button
> 11) Click the OK button

This is misinform[ed|ation]. When you click the Add button and you see
the dialogue saying "Selected Action already set. Please choose
Another Action from list." it is because the selected is already set.
If you were to use your method and try to replace the separator with
"Reply to mailing list" a 2nd time you would see that dialogue again.
You saw it the first time because whatever you had as the 'Event
executed on click' was already set, but 'Reply to mailing list' was
not.

So it's not so bizarre after all.

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune