[Users] Claws config needs much better documentation

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sun Jul 29 11:33:41 CEST 2012

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 06:06:36 +0530
Sitaram Chamarty <sitaramc at gmail.com> wrote:

> The default for "Open message when selected" (in Display/Summaries)
> is unsafe.
>
> I'm one of those guys who goes through every menu/setting in detail
> when exploring a new program so I caught that early but I can
> certainly imagine a new user migrating from almost any other mail
> client losing stuff due to this problem because no other program
> does this -- make the message list and message body go out of sync.

To be fair, that's slightly overstated. You don't lose stuff, it goes
to the trash folder. Also, the user would have to not notice that as
he moves through the message list with the cursor keys the message
view does not change.

But, having said that, perhaps the default for that option could be
changed.

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune