[Users] Unable to create new sub-folder (additional)

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Tue Jul 24 01:04:46 CEST 2012

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 15:54:32 -0700
Thomas Taylor <linxt at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> In claws-mail 3.8.1 under openSuSE 12.1 (and 12.2) I tried to create a
> sub-folder (Gimp) under a User_Group folder but got an error message: Can't
> create the folder "Gimp".  I can create the folder under MH but if I try to
> move it to "User_Group" it returns message: Move failed.
>
> I then tried to create a sub-folder "TEST" under "User_Group" and that
> succeeded.  Why would that work and not "Gimp"?
>
> Any ideas/suggestions?
>
> Thanks, Tom

Forgot to mention that I had previously had trouble compiling CM 3.8.1 due to a
couple of missing dependencies but that was solved and it compiled nicely.

Also I have an unusual setup.  I use a "common" partition containing all my
user stuff that is normally installed in /home/user and symlink it back to ~/.
CM is one of the items in "common" and is used with all my openSuSE versions,
all using CM 3.8.1 to avoid problems.

I have had another problem with losing some messages in a couple of folders but
that may not be related to the original posted problem.

Thanks, Tom

--
Tom Taylor - retired penguin
openSUSE 12.1x86_64     openSUSE 12.2x86_64