[Users] unintended sorting behavior of threads

Johannes Deutsch j_deutsch at web.de
Fri Jul 20 21:21:44 CEST 2012

Hi all,

i always sort my mails by date in descending order.

Yet again i encountered unintended behavior of claws sorting mechanism
with respect to threaded messages. Due to which i missed some new mails
already.

I dislike that the date which defines the thread-position in the sorted
list is the root of the thread. In other words, the date of the mail
that is the origin of the thread, which is the oldest
contribution to the thread at the same time.

I would rather like to see that the newest/youngest mail of the thread
is crucial for the position in the sorted list. Such that i can't miss
incoming mails which are part of a thread.

Is it possible to change the sorting behavior to what i intend or am i
forced to press ctrl-t every time?

May the wisdom be with you...

with best regards

Johannes