[Users] Claws Mail 3.8.1 unleashed!!

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Fri Jul 20 17:50:04 CEST 2012

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:34:30 -0400
Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:

> On Jul 19, 2012, at 07:51 AM, Paul wrote:
>
> >At some point, yes. I keep getting various errors during the process
> >(never done it before) and due to extremely limited time I only have
> >time for it to work smoothly, so each error means I shelve it until
> >the next free time. So, eventually I'll get there (I suppose!)
>
> 3.8.1 is in sid so I should go ahead and merge that version into Quantal
> (Ubuntu 12.10).  Ubuntu carries one delta, which honestly I'm not sure
> whether we should continue to carry or not:
>
>  * Merge with Debian (LP: #938141).  Remaining Ubuntu changes:
>     - debian/patches/50disable_can_change_accels_by_default:
>       the gtk_can_change_accels pref which allows to change keyboard
> shortcuts from Gtk+ menus default to false for consistence with the GNOME
> default and other UME apps.  (LP: #223840)

  Now that you mention this again: this is a bogus delta and should be
  removed.

  Current default (untouched in Debian) already does what the delta is
  supposing to do (according patch header text) and the patch is actually
  reversing the default (!) I guess nobody cared to review the patch...

  regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~