[Users] I'd prefer the Move dialog to open completely collapsed

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Jul 9 23:44:47 CEST 2012

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 03:04:18 +0530, Abhay S. Kushwaha said:
> On Mon, 9 Jul 2012 17:22:59 -0400, Steve wrote:
>
> > I often rightclick a message in the message list and choose Move, in
> > which case a dialog box opens for me to navigate to the destination
> > folder. This dialog box shows a folder tree, with all nodes
> > expanded. Because a few of my folders contain tens of subfolders,
> > this is a biiiiig navaigation task, and that navigation serves no
> > purpose but to slow me down.
>
> Try typing the first few letters of the folder you want to move the
> email to. If there are multiple folders that start the same, pressing
> down arrow will cycle forward till you come across the one you want.
>
> Press Enter.
>
> You're done.

Thanks Abhay!

I have sub-folders starting with "pub" under several main folders, so I
don't even get close. I'll admit if you remember, off the tip of your
tongue, the exact spelling of a folder,  this is a good way of doing
it, but for me, it can end up taking more time than walking through the
whole tree and closing every root folder, and believe me, that takes
some time.

Thanks

SteveT

                          *  http://twitter.com/stevelitt