[Users] Small picture in e-mails?

insomniactoo at localnet.com insomniactoo at localnet.com
Tue Jul 3 04:07:56 CEST 2012

On Tue, 3 Jul 2012 02:25:09 +0100
Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 10:02:06 -0500
> <insomniactoo at localnet.com> wrote:
>
> > But you see, I've had no need to read that, or any, documentation about it
> > or about gmail in general, since it usually just works. Most people, in
> > general, don't bother with documentation if something as simple as e-mail
> > is supposed to 'just work' instead of doing silly and dumb things like
> > gmail seems to do with some lists.
>
> So really your problem lies with Google rather than with Claws. It's a
> pity they can't follow the RFCs and expected behaviour.

  Of course they can't follow the rules...M$ would get pissy and Google would
actually have to hire people that *think* outside the M$ pasture.

  The only thing I'd change about the instructions I got from the list, would
  be to use the 'edit accounts' instead of 'pref's for current account', that
  way something like adding an x-face would take place the moment 'apply'
  was hit, instead of having to piddle around with pref's for each account
  twice.