[Users] Privacy issue (was Webmail support in Claws Mail )

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Tue Jan 31 05:51:59 CET 2012

Hello Alb348,

Monday, January 30, 2012, 1:34:03 PM, Alb348 wrote:

> Yes, seriously, if I were hard pressed to choose, I would rather have
> Google know all about me than letting the contacts in my addressbook
> read my current IP address.

That is certainly not privacy...

> I see it as much more threatening that my employer or other people I
> know can so easily read my current IP address in all my emails, for
> the reasons I hinted to earlier.

> Which one would you rather choose?

Certainly not Google. :-) If the IP is the only issue I'd send it via
one or more of the various proxies I use. I have a variety of
locations to choose from, and could use one or more of them enough
times so that there would not be an 'anomaly' if I used it while I was
at a desert training camp. :-). Cost is $0 to $a few/mo, and most are
easy to set up. MUCH more private/secure than Google, for a variety of
reasons.

 rikona