[Users] Privacy issue (was Webmail support in Claws Mail )

Holger Berndt berndth at gmx.de
Mon Jan 30 23:16:40 CET 2012

alb348 at gmail.com schrieb:

>Naturally, this requires hard coding work. But I don't see why it
>should
>not be feasible.

It doesn't seem feasible to me to pile up stacks of heuristics, spend days of coding, for little gain. As said before, this isn't a privacy feature. It currently has this behaviour as side effect for a few providers, and even they may change their behaviour any minute. Without the end user knowing. And a misleading sense of privacy is no enhancement, but the opposite.

Holger