[Users] CC mail with newsgroup and mail account

Marco netuse at lavabit.com
Fri Jan 27 14:03:02 CET 2012

On 2012-01-27 Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 12:35:04 +0100
> Marco <netuse at lavabit.com> wrote:
>
> > I  have a  gmane account  for reading  and writing  usenet
> > posts. I often want to send a copy of the mail directly to
> > the person taking  part in the conversation.  But I cannot
> > send emails from the gmane account.
> >
> > My workflow at the moment is:
> >
> > ∙ Compose and send usenet message using the gmane account
> > ∙ Open the message just sent  and change the account to
> >   <my_mail_provider>  and   the  address to
> > 	<conversation_partner>.
> >
> > What I would like to do is
> >
> > ∙ Compose usenet message using the gmane (newsgroups)
> >   account
> > ∙ Add recipient to CC
> > ∙ Send the message using the gmane account and the CC mail
> >   using my mail account
> >
> > I don't know if that's possible. I wonder how other people
> > solve this. Any suggestions welcome.
>
> Fill in the SMTP details on your gmane account.

The ones  in the  field "Server  Information"? I  tried to
insert the mail server from my email account, but I got an
error while  sending the news  messages. I'm not  sure how
things work behind the scenes, but I think there should be
two  servers  involved, one  sending  the  message to  the
newsgroup  (gmane),  the other  one  uses  a normal  email
account to send the CC to the recipient.

Marco