[Users] Claws closing slow ?

Tue Jan 24 01:00:23 CET 2012

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 00:47:26 +0100
Michael <codejodler at gmx.ch> wrote:

> Referring to
> http://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2012-January/001182.html
> but this is probably just another topic.
>
> More important to me would be to find out why claws and firefox are
> closing so amazing slow with kernel 3.x, and Paul might have a point,
> if there was any file system operations related to that closing, and
> the ext3/4 FS driver changed in the kernel.
>
> So i wonder, is claws doing something causing disk traffic when
> closing ?

I have seen Claws closing painfully slow lately too -
and I am on 2.6.32-5 (Debian stable), so it isn't kernel-related...

I don't have any debug info to help though unfortunately - I have only
experienced Claws closing very slow recently, and I guessed it was one
of my IMAP connections that caused it...

Right at this moment it closes fast (unfortunately) - so I'll try to get
back with some more info when I can reproduce it again...
(I am on Claws 3.8.0cvs16, and try to follow CVS)

/Andreas