[Users] Session timed out

Albert Wagner albertwagner at cox.net
Sun Jan 22 21:13:14 CET 2012

I just installed Claws.  Clicking "Get Mail" got me three(3) messages,
then this popup error:

increasing the timeout value in Preferences/Other/Miscellaneous.
* Connecting to POP3 server: pop.central.cox.net...
[13:52:23] POP3< +OK eastrmfepi204 InterMail POP3 server ready.
[13:52:23] POP3> USER albertwagner
[13:52:23] POP3< +OK please send PASS command
[13:52:23] POP3> PASS ********
[13:52:23] POP3< +OK albertwagner is welcome here
[13:52:23] POP3> STAT
[13:52:26] POP3< +OK 665 6578191
[13:52:26] POP3> UIDL
[13:52:26] POP3< +OK 665 messages
[13:52:26] POP3> LIST
[13:52:26] POP3< +OK 665 messages
[13:52:26] POP3> RETR 3
[13:52:26] POP3< +OK 6441 octets
** Session timed out. You may be able to recover by increasing the
timeout value in Preferences/Other/Miscellaneous.

All further attempts to get mail end the same way.  Timeout value can't
be the problem because Thunderbird reads all messages OK.  I had to
reply to mail list confirmation using Thunderbird.

What should I try?