[Users] What happens ...

Steffen Klemer moh at gmx.org
Thu Jan 19 10:54:40 CET 2012

Hey Michael,

> I am not sure if i understand what you are saying here...:
>
> (1) How do you know how they configured their MTA ? By trial and
> error, or is there any technical FAQ ?

Yeah, trial and error - see below.

> > They can do this in this case because they know all their users
>
> (2) But the first mail i sent (originally, the 'real' one to some
> friends) had several different mail domains as recipient, not only
> GMX. What is their MTA doing, in this case, for foreign domains ?

This is not important, they consider the Mail "wrong" if only one of
the recipients (they should know off, e.g. it's from @gmx or @web.de)
is wrong.

> > I saw this message more then once... ;-)
>
> (3) What message do you refer to here ?

I'm referring to the same situation like yours. I send an E-Mail with
several recipients, it failed with exact the same error because of a
misspelled address to one of the gmx receivers and nobody (neither @gmx
nor @whatever) got the mail.

lg
/Steffen