[Users] What happens ...

Michael codejodler at gmx.ch
Wed Jan 18 17:30:01 CET 2012

> In this case (where the error happens during mail submission at RCPT
> time), the mail is sent to nobody.

Uhm....i do not understand this. Is that the same as 'not sent' ?

And i am not sure what my MTA should be in this case. Doesn't claws send POP mails directly to the providers server ? i.e., my own installed Exim does not have a foot in it. I always was thinking this. I mean, the claws installation package does not even recommend a MTA (afaiks).

But i assume claws, as a MUA, can not be interpreted as to be the MTA too ? So the MTA is is just the remote mail server (gmx here) ?

But if it is this instance which decides, then wasn't my mail already fully received by that server ?

But why did claws then leave it in queue, and why is there no bounce from the mail server, but internal error popup instead.

I am sorry for this confusing mess of knowledge white spots, but perhaps someone can explain it to me.