[Users] Control of folder-depth for opening folders in the "Select folder" window when copying or moving messages

Holger Berndt berndth at gmx.de
Tue Jan 10 00:26:09 CET 2012

On So, 08.01.2012 23:25, Little Girl wrote:

>> Expanded folders are included in the type-ahead search, so
>> having everything expanded is especially useful when you already
>> know what's there.
>
>I'm not sure I understand this, since I know what's there, and having
>it open isn't necessary if I do. (:

I was talking about the type-ahead search. When you start typing a
foldername, the next folder starting with that string will be selected,
but only if it's actually visible (expanded) in the tree.

>> Personally, I always move messages with by Ctrl-O plus typing a few
>> letters.
>
>That's the thing. We all have our ways of doing things, and we like
>to keep doing them that way. I use the context menu. You use keyboard
>commands. Others drag and drop.

It doesn't matter if that dialog is opened via keyboard shortcut or the
context menu. It behaves the same way.

Holger