[Users] Problem with printing.

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Sun Feb 26 08:32:10 CET 2012

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 10:24:23 -0500
john Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> I just had a major problem with my Linux Slackware 13.37
> partition so I put in a new one. The good news is that Claws-Mail
> can now reach my printers. The bad news is that when I print out
> a message the print image is offset to the left so that I lose the first
> character of each line. Perhaps Claws assumes an A4 instead of a
> letter page. In any case is there an adjustment somewhere that
> will center the image on the paper? If I print to file then it is
> OK.

Hi John;
Does the above mean that prior to putting in a new Slackware the printing was
working properly?  Is it the same version of slack? How about CM, is it the
same version as before?

When you installed the new slack did you have /home on a separate partition?
If so, did you make ANY changes to any of the configuration files or in CM
configure > Preferences?  Do you have another user account that you could test
CM printing on? (user "test" or whatever name you want).  Try setting up a test
account and install CM for that user so that it has its own config files. If the
printing is okay for the "test" user (and they don't use shared config files),
then the problem is not CM.  If both users exhibit the same problem, try
printing a known good pdf file and see if it also has this problem.  Then let
us know the results.

Tom

--
Tom Taylor - retired penguin
openSUSE 11.4 x86_64    openSUSE 12.1 x86_64     openSUSE 12.2-Mx x86_64