[Users] randomly parts of claws configuration get corrupted

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 12:22:07 CET 2012

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 05:35:54 -0500
Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:

> Ouch! I use ext4 exclusively.
>
> Can I safely assume that if my emails all reside in a maildir tree
> controlled by dovecot IMAP, Claws-Mail won't destroy my actual
> emails, but only its own configuration?

Claws Mail does not destroy emails. You're safe. The
updating/rewriting of Claws' config files is a totally different
matter from mail files.

Let me clarify, the ext4 known issues are not in relation to Claws
Mail, but are in relation to any data on an ext4 filesystem. It's not
a Claws+ext4 issue, it's just an ext4 issue.

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune