[Users] How to recognize existing subfolders

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Feb 6 23:25:36 CET 2012

On Mon, 6 Feb 2012 23:16:15 +0100
Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Feb 2012 16:59:45 -0500
> Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:
>

> > However, Claws-Mail doesn't see these new subfolders under aaa.
> > They're visible under both Thunderbird and Kmail, but not
> > Claws-Mail. I've tried unsubscribing and subscribing aaa, with
> > "include subfolders" checked, and still no evidence of the
> > subfolders.
> >
> 1) Right-click with mouse on account in folder list
> 2) Choose: check for new folders

Thanks Michael,

That worked perfectly, although I had to do it on the whole IMAP folder
because on the aaa folder "check for new folders" was grayed out.

Why is this necessary, and how do I know when it needs to be done? I'm
a little concerned if I don't know/remember specific subfolders, I
might lose messages, especially if on Claws-Mail I delete a folder that
*seems* to have nothing in it.

Thanks

SteveT