[Users] How to recognize existing subfolders

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Feb 6 22:59:45 CET 2012

Hi all,

I recently converted from kmail to a setup where all my email is kept
on a local Dovecot IMAP server (using maildir storeage), front-ended by
Claws-Mail. For the most part it's been working well.

However, Claws-Mail couldn't recognize some sub-folders under .INBOX on
the IMAP server. No problem. In Claws-Mail I created a folder called
aaa, and then in Thunderbird moved all the subfolders formerly
under .INBOX so that they were under aaa.

However, Claws-Mail doesn't see these new subfolders under aaa. They're
visible under both Thunderbird and Kmail, but not Claws-Mail. I've
tried unsubscribing and subscribing aaa, with "include subfolders"
checked, and still no evidence of the subfolders.

I've seen other anecdotes where IMAP things created in other email
clients aren't visible from Claws-Mail, or at least not until I've done
a lot of messing around. What are the tricks to have Claws-Mail see
exactly what's on the IMAP server?

Thanks

SteveT