[Users] Filtering windows problem (cannot close)

Victoria S. 1 at VictoriasJourney.com
Wed Dec 26 08:29:07 CET 2012

Again, this is not the problem.  I can minimize every window, Super-Window to see all windows on that desktop, etc.  When this issue arises (often), the only way to get rid of them is kill Claws mail, then restart CM.

----- Original Message(s): -----
Date: 2012 Dec 25 (Tue) 19:31
From: Rich Pieri <richard.pieri at gmail.com>
To: users at lists.claws-mail.org
Subject: Re: [Users] Filtering windows problem (cannot close)

On Tue, 25 Dec 2012 15:20:29 -0800
"Victoria S." <1 at VictoriasJourney.com> wrote:

> Thank you for that reply, but (in my case: Ubuntu), there is no
> background window present.

When I edit filters I first open up the Filtering window. Then I do
whatever edits I need to make which opens another window above the
Filtering window. If the Filtering window gets pushed beneath the main
Claws window, or if the main Claws window is raised above it, then the
UI will block upon closing the edits window.

The same thing happens when CM creates other inferior windows like the
Edit accounts window and the error notification window. The main UI
blocks while the inferior windows are open. Look for these windows the
next time it happens. Ubuntu's notification mechanism doesn't play nice
with CM so check there, too.

--
Rich P.