[Users] notifications and unity

Jeremy Schneider jeremy.schneider at ardentperf.com
Tue Dec 11 15:02:11 CET 2012

On Sat, 8 Dec 2012 19:03:18 +0100
Holger Berndt <berndth at gmx.de> wrote:

> There's been a patch proposal about Unity integration recently [1]. If
> you can work with patches, feedback would be interesting.

This looks interesting - I'll let you know if I have a chance to test
it. Might take a few weeks before I have time.

I'm brand new with claws; don't know how "stable/unstable" your CVS
repo typically is. Could I test the latest notification plugin with my
"stable" 3.9.0 claws install or should I switch over to the CVS version
of everything?

> That might be an additional problem, because the notification plugin
> notifies of new mail, and Gmail IMAP is known to not support that
> concept.

That's a shame. Any additional info on this? Old thread or something?
Has anyone done any work to better support gmail/imap?

-J