[Users] how to reply and run an action

Holger Berndt berndth at gmx.de
Sat Dec 8 18:21:21 CET 2012

On Fr, 07.12.2012 19:37, Flavio Leitner wrote:

>I want a shortcut that 'clicks' on reply, then run an 'action'
>which replaces part of the text.
>
>I want to review and click on 'send' myself.
>The action part is working already.
>
>Is that possible?

If you want to do that always, or always from specific accounts, or
always from specific folders, you might be able to use one of the reply
templates for that. Those can call external programs and scripts to
modify the body.

As Mones said, the Python plugin is also an alternative. An
auto/compose_any script will be called everytime a compose window is
opened (be it composing a new message, replying, forwarding).

You you don't want this to happen automatically, but to have a
separate menu item that opens a reply window and does some work in it,
that's also possible with the Python plugin. You could assign a
keyboard shortcut to it, or dump it into the toolbar.

The normal way would be to do your modifications in Python directly
in this case. It would also be possible to trigger menu items in the
compose window - however, a quick look seems to indicate that for some
strange reason Actions are not directly accessible. That isn't really a
blocker, though, as it should be possible to mimic script invokation
in Python directly.

Holger