[Users] E-Mail Printing under FreeBSD

edwardp at mcom.com edwardp at mcom.com
Fri Dec 7 00:27:10 CET 2012

I have been using FreeBSD on-and-off for the past couple of weeks (by
swapping hard drives, Linux on one, FreeBSD (as PC-BSD 9.0) on the
other).

When I printed an e-mail from the FreeBSD port of Claws, the first line
at the top of the page was chopped off.

I'm curious to know if this is a FreeBSD problem or perhaps a problem
with the Claws port.  The printer is an HP DeskJet 932C, HPLIP (also
installed) provides full support for this model.

I was able to (somewhat) solve a printing issue with the SeaMonkey (SM)
suite, printing web pages by adjusting one of the right margin settings
in the configuration file, however the URL which should normally print
at the upper right of the page with SM and Firefox, does not print in
with the FreeBSD port of SM, so this could be an altogether different
issue.

Thanks in advance..