[Users] Can I change the text highlight color in searched messages?

wwp subscript at free.fr
Thu Aug 30 01:31:32 CEST 2012

Hello Victoria,

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 14:18:17 -0700 "Victoria S." <1 at VictoriasJourney.com> wrote:

> How can I change the color of searched / "found" text (the background, highlight color), when I search Claws mail messages for specific text, vis the Edit menu (or Ctrl-F) > Find in current message... ?
>
> Presently, the highlighted text is the black text on a *very* light grey background, that is virtually indistinguishable from the white background.
>
> I am using Claws 3.8.0 on an Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS system.

You'd have to modify the GTK+ theme, whatever it's the user/desktop one
or a gtkrc-2.0 file in Claws' config directory.

But I'm surprised that highlight text comes wrong by default.. Are the
highlighted text colors the same as other highlight items (like when
you navigate in menus, lists, etc.)?

Regards,

--
wwp