[Users] Request: add restart option to File menu

Holger Berndt berndth at gmx.de
Wed Aug 29 20:08:52 CEST 2012

On Mi, 29.08.2012 09:18, Brad Rogers wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 01:10:23 +0200
>Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> wrote:
>
>Hello Ricardo,
>
>>  Yes, it can be done, with a little drawback: unlike menu options,
>>  actions are not always available, but most of the time they are.
>
>Neither are all menu actions.  For example, Configure.  But I see your
>point;  It can be inconvenient.

"Configure" is greyed out when it shouldn't be triggered in order to
not get into inconsistent state. So that kind of makes sense. Actions
are designed to work on messges, so it also kind of makes sense to grey
them out when none is selected. However, for actions that don't work on
messages, it doesn't make any sense.

Anyways, if that's really an issue, Python plugin scripts work
regardless of message selection. And they can trigger close/restart,
too.

Holger