[Users] Moving AddressBook from system to system?

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Mon Aug 20 22:34:30 CEST 2012

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 18:35:39 +0200
Csányi Pál <csanyipal at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have used Claws Mail on my Debian GNU/Linux testing/sid system
> but I just installed a new operating system on the same hardware,
> the Ubuntu Desktop 12.04 LTS.
>
> I can access from my new Ubuntu system the previously used
> ~/.claws-mail directory that is in $HOME/ directory on a partition
> that was used by Debian system.
>
> I copied this directory into my new $HOME/ directory on the new
> Ubuntu system but I can't find now all my addresses in the
> AddressBook that I was used on the Debian system.
>
> What am I missing here?
> How can I 'move' my Addresses from the previously used Debian
> system to the being used Ubuntu system?

The address book files are in ~/.claws-mail/addrbook/ and you seem to
be saying that you copied this directory. I don't know what can be
missing, what does the directory contain?

You didn't mention which version of Claws was previously used. I
assume, therefore, it's the same version.

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune