[Users] Sending Mail programmatically

Holger Berndt berndth at gmx.de
Sat Aug 18 14:47:33 CEST 2012

On Fr, 17.08.2012 21:13, dave at carputing.com wrote:

>       Where could I learn more about interfacing with claws-mail with
>another program/app?  (what documentation should I be reading?)  Any
>help would be appreciated.

I still didn't quite understand what you're trying to do. Claws Mail is
a graphical, interactive program; if your main usecase is automation,
it may not be the right choice for you.

If you still want to investigate what's available besides the command
line switches that Paul mentioned, you can have a look at the Python
plugin. It comes with an example to provide access to Claws Mail's menu
items over a D-Bus interface. Another example covers automated mass
mailing.

Holger