[Users] Going off-line

Michael Gmelin freebsd at grem.de
Thu Aug 16 13:47:26 CEST 2012

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 08:47:07 +0100
Brad Rogers <brad at fineby.me.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 00:20:00 +0200
> Michael Gmelin <freebsd at grem.de> wrote:
>
> Hello Michael,
>
> >For some of us, editing a text file is easier and faster than
> {etc,}
>
> Only if that text file is already open.  Otherwise, you've got to shut
> down Claws, load a text editor, load the right file and so on.  All of
> which takes a good deal longer, IME.
>
> Of course, it's your right to choose......

I hope you guys understood that I wasn't all that serious ^_^

That said - this actually reminded me of a problem I couldn't resolve
when I started using claws and finally gave up on:

It seems impossible to remap the keyboard shortcuts in message view.
I'm using a German keyboard, which means that Y and Z are
reversed. So it would be really nice if I could use A and Y for
next and previous part (usable with the left hand, which is the user
experience using an English keyboard layout). I can actually change the
mapping of Save (which uses Y) and Previous Part (which uses Z) in the
context menu, but these changes have no effect - I assume the event
handling code doesn't use the values of the context menu.

Z also doesn't work all the time for me (the context menu
always does though), but the keyboard sometimes just
refuses to do anything. Also it doesn't seem to be the opposite of A,
in that it doesn't wrap around etc.

While testing this, I actually managed to crash claws multiple times
(either SIGSEGV or SIGBUS) by hitting z multiple times and then y to
save - I cannot reliably reproduce these crashes though.

Cheers,
Michael

--
Michael Gmelin