[Users] Bogofilter Ham Action

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Thu Aug 9 14:46:33 CEST 2012

On 09 August 2012 at 06h37, Charles Curley wrote:

Hi,

> For false hits that end up in the trash the solution is simple: hit
> the "ham" button, then move the mail where it belongs. There is no
> simple solution for suspicious email that ends up in the TrashMaybe
> directory. So my question: has anyone got a claws action I can use
> for the purpose?

Hit the Spam button, it's enough to train bogofilter.
And for false hits in the Maybe folder, use the arrow at the right of
that button to choose Learn as Ham.

You can also define keyboard shortcuts in the menu Message/Mark/{Mark
as Spam, Mark as Ham} (I use Ctrl-Shift-M and Ctrl-Shift H), and skim
through your Maybe folder using those.

My bogofilter learn process goes like this :

- Select all missed spam, Ctrl-Shift-M and they go away in the trash
- Select all missed ham (the rest), Ctrl-Shift-H and when bogofilter's
  done learning as seen in the status bar,
- Ctrl-Shift-F to filter them to their correct folders.

Makes it really easy to keep helping bogofilter make the right
decisions :)
--
Colin