[Users] The reply mark in subject (R: Re:) recognition

Holger Berndt berndth at gmx.de
Thu Aug 9 00:01:16 CEST 2012

On Mi, 08.08.2012 11:08, Slavko wrote:

>Only one thing is left - the subject manipulating changes the content and
>closing compose window without any other change invokes the confirmation
>dialog (Save, Concept, Cancel) - of course, only when the subject line was
>changed. Is here solution to prevent showing this confirmation from this
>script, please?

That's actually a good point. When e.g. a compose_any script modifies a
message, it's more like a autogenerated template, and one certainly
doesn't want a confirmation dialog if the otherwise unchanged
compose window gets closed.

On the other hand, Python scripts can also be triggered manually during
mail composing, so having functions like set_subject() reset the
"modified" state of the compose window automatically would also be
wrong, and potentially harmful.

For that reason, I now added an explicit set_modified(True|False)
function to the compose window class which can be used to overwrite the
"modified" state of the window.

Sorry for the weird subject line in the other mail - I shouldn't send
mails in the middle of experimenting with my mailer :)

Holger