[Users] Claws Mail Extra Plugins - FreeBSD

edwardp at mcom.com edwardp at mcom.com
Sun Aug 5 00:48:26 CEST 2012

On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 00:35:02 +0200
Michael Gmelin <freebsd at grem.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Current version of claws in FreeBSD ports is 3.8.1 (upgraded 5 weeks
> ago). Update your port tree and reinstall (not sure if PC-BSD works
> exactly like FreeBSD, usually this would be "portsnap fetch extract /
> portsnap fetch update")
>
> You might also want to open a ticket in PC-BSD and ask them to add
> the most common claws plugins to AppCafe.
>
> Michael

Hi.

I attempted to update the software using portsnap and four hours
later, I was still waiting, so I aborted it and powered it off.  I ran
them separately, fetch, extract (which took an hour and a half!) and
then update.  I got tired of waiting.

But I submitted a request prior to all this, to add the current plugins
to AppCafe, so hopefully it will be able to help someone else out.

Thanks for the reply.