[Users] Claws-Mail as news reader.

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sat Aug 4 18:32:51 CEST 2012

On Sat, 4 Aug 2012 11:31:46 -0400
john Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> On the recommendation of others I am trying to set up my
> claws-mail to also be my netnews reader. I have an account set up
> as nntp and gave it the addy of a news source. What comes next?
> Should I set up send and receive as in email? How do I specify
> which newsgroups to draw from?
>
> The manual is a bit silent on this issue.

Right-click the top level News folder and choose 'Subscribe to
newsgroup'. Use the 'Refresh' and 'Search' buttons as needed. Click
whichever groups you want to subscribe to and click 'OK'.

You'll need to set up an SMTP server to send.

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune