[Users] "Printer Print to File doesn't accept PostScript files"

Cia Watson ciamarie at my180.net
Wed Aug 1 18:15:08 CEST 2012

On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 20:50:34 +0530
Sitaram Chamarty <sitaramc at gmail.com> wrote:

> My laptop doesn't have a printer available, so for the occasional
> printing need, I take a PDF and print it elsewhere.
>
> With claws, I try to print PDF, and it first asked for html2ps.  But
> after installing that and trying to print, I get the above error
> message.
<...>
> This is 3.8.0 on Fedora 17, if it matters.  Googling that error didn't
> come up with anything relevant.

Do you also have the cups-pdf package installed? I'm using Debian, and
with that package installed I just printed your message to pdf with no
problem. It will automatically print to a pdf folder in your home
directory, and it doesn't ask you to name it or anything, so you'd have
to rename it afterward if you don't like whatever it comes up with for
the name.

Cia W.