[Users] Claws Crashes Repeatedly

Charles Lipton crlipton at gol.com
Mon Apr 30 22:36:01 CEST 2012

>From: Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk>
>
>On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 19:27:11 +0900
>Charles Lipton <crlipton at gol.com> wrote:
>
>> The times when the crashes occur are always after sending but are
>> otherwise random and unpredictable, so I don't know where else I
>> should begin checks for errors or error messages.
>>
>> A fix or suggestions appreciated.
>
>Sounds like you're probably using the oxygen-gtk GTK theme. Change
>this, it's buggy.

Thanks.  I changed the style to Clearlooks from Oxygen and will see if
that does the trick.  The only other setting with the word "Oxygen" in
it was the desktop colors setting and doubt changing that will impact
anything.

A note -- when I first changed the style, I tried the pre-installed GTK+
and, when changing from that to Cleanlooks triggered a general system
crash that took down much of KDE.  Crash report has been filed with
Ubuntu but I am not sure that the crash is related.

If the problem persists, I'll let everyone know.

Charles Lipton